As a Natural Health Nurse Practitioner, I’ve received calls and emails from several patients. The patients asking about the side effects of Marjoram Herb. Most of these callers are unaware that they may be allergic to this herb. And others have no idea about side effects. Knowing the side effects of Marjoram Herb is key in the safety of this herbal product.
For people with chronic health conditions such as heart conditions, problems with the liver, or kidney diseases, it is best to avoid taking any type of medication. However, it is not necessarily safer to avoid medication altogether.
About Marjoram Herb
A registered nurse practitioner can recommend Medigap medicines for their patients to take if they experience side effects. I highly recommend that people who are unsure of the potential side effects of Marjoram Herb talk to their health care provider before trying this herb.
When used with other herbs, Marjoram Herb seems to have a calming effect on patients who have blood sugar imbalances. It is also believed to improve health and well-being by balancing the body’s acid and alkaline levels. It is also a diuretic, a skin softener, and an astringent.
Side Effects Of Marjoram Herb
- One of the most common Marjoram Herb side effects reported is a burning or stinging sensation that can occur when taken by mouth.
- The burning sensation is generally found to be worse when the herb is drunk first or taken in large doses. Another commonly reported side effect is gastrointestinal upset.
- Some people who have used this herbal supplement report having nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, and stomach cramps. These can occur with or without the use of medications.
- They do not seem to occur with this type of herbal product unless taken in large doses, or in combination with other ingredients.
- Another common side effect reported by people who have tried this herb is skin sensitivity. Some patients have experienced itching and burning in their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- A few people reported minor skin rashes, but these were usually limited to the area around the nostrils and mouth.
- Many people who have used Marjoram Herb have reported side effects such as an increase in headaches, tiredness, loss of appetite, and increased appetite. Some also reported stomachaches, nausea, dizziness, trouble sleeping, or flatulence.
- In a few rare cases, patients have had a very unpleasant reaction to Marjoram Herb, with swelling, tingling, or numbness in their arms, legs, and feet.
- These reactions occurred more often than with other herbs, but most patients were able to control them with the help of a form of analgesic.
- Some patients have reported feeling sick, vomiting, experiencing insomnia, and feeling unwell after using Marjoram Herb.
- A few have reported having severe acne and rashes, and others have had problems with stomach problems.
Importance Of Marjoram Herb
- It’s important to understand that, although the side effects of Marjoram Herb are reported by many people, it is still up to the discretion of the user to determine if the problem is temporary or permanent.
- There is no way to guarantee that every user will have a side-effect-free experience with this product.
- Some people believe that the best thing to do before beginning Marjoram Herb is to take an over the counter pain reliever.
- If these reliefs don’t relieve the patient’s symptoms, they may decide to look into consulting a qualified healthcare provider.
- In rare cases, some medical professionals recommend that people with chronic pain try Marjoram Herb before seeing a specialist.
Marjoram Herb is a highly versatile natural herb. Its usefulness is based solely on the results of its efficacy in treating various ailments. And not by its benefits to the consumer.