An herb is a plant that has been used for its fragrance, taste, or healing properties. Herbal medicines are sold as pills, tablets, powders, fresh or dried herbs. People make use of herbal remedies to manage or maintain their health.
Many people think that products with a “natural” label are always safe and beneficial, which is not necessarily true. Herbs do not taste like medicines. Some herbs, such as ephedra, can cause severe injuries. In contrast, some herbs perform the best prescription of medication.
What Are Herbal Supplements?
Herbal supplements are those which are made from plants to treat diseases or maintain health. They can also be called botanical products or botanicals, or herbal products.
Herbal complements come in various forms:
They can be :
● Swallowed as pills or powders
● Brewed as tea
● Added to bathwater
● Also applied over the skin in the form of cream or lotion
Things You Should Know About Herbal Medicines.
● Herbal medicines are used to treat diseases and to improve the overall health of well-being.
● Herbs should be used with caution and proper medication
● Always check with your regular medical doctor (GP) about any health concerns and tell them about any herbal medicine you are taking or thinking about taking.
● Never stop taking herbal medicines without first consulting your GP.
● Beware of buying herbal remedies online. Traditional herbal medicines, such as traditional folk remedies, may not be of the same standard and standard as regular medicines.
Precautions While Selecting Herbal Medicines
Herbal supplements are associated with traditional medicine or have serious side effects. Do not do self-introspection of your body’s problem; instead, talk to your doctor before taking any herbal supplements.
● Learn and research the herbs you are taking with your doctor’s advice.
● If you practice herbal medicines, you need to carefully follow the label’s instructions and use only the prescribed dose. Never go beyond the recommended dose. Do find out who should not take the supplement.
● Watch for side effects. If you face symptoms like headache, vomiting, or nausea, reduce the intake of herbal supplements.
● Find and research about the company whose herbs you are buying. Not all herbal supplements are manufactured uniformly, and it is best to choose a brand from a reputable manufacturer.
Herbal Supplements And Common Uses
Garlic- Garlic is usually used for cardiovascular diseases, which include high cholesterol and the risk included in it
Green tea- Commonly used to prevent fatigue, weight loss, and lower cholesterol.
Goldenseal- This herb is essential for its healing properties and antiseptic.
Echinacea- It is often used to strengthen the immune system of the body
Gingko Biloba- This herb is used to treat various conditions related to aging, memory loss, and poor circulation
From time immemorial, people around the world have been using herbs as a source of medicine.
A person who studies herb medicine is an herbalist or, what you say, is an herb doctor. Herbs are essential to treat various ailments like headaches, stomach infections, skin rashes, depression, etc.