Snoring often gets unnoticed. The snorer is often disturbed by his or her own breathing and also disturbs the sleep of those around him at night. Here are some amazing herbal remedies that may help.
Herbal Remedies for Snoring
- Homemade Saline Nasal Spray Remedy for Snoring. When you use a saline spray, it reduces the inflammation inside the nose and stops snoring.
- Peppermint Oil Remedy for Snoring. The anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint oil can help in reducing inflammation in the membranes of the inner lining of your nostrils. This is enough to stop snoring if it happens due to nasal congestion.
- Ayurvedic Ghee Remedy for Snoring. According to Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicine, ghee or clarified butter has many medicinal properties. It is used for curing many diseases including snoring.
- Olive Oil Remedy for Snoring. Apart from its many health benefits, olive oil can also get rid of snoring. Sometimes a person snores because there are excessive tissues at the back of his nose or throat. These tissues can partially block the airway which causes the sound of snoring.
- Sage Herbal Remedy for Snoring. Along with being anti-hypertensive, anti-diabetic, and anti-microbial, sage herb is also anti-inflammatory. Thus, it can reduce the inflammation and mucous congestion in airways which can considerably reduce your snoring too
- Nettle Leaf Tea Remedy for Snoring. Nettle leaf tea can prove to be one of the best home remedies for snoring of such type. Nettle leaves are a known antihistamine. They may help reduce congestion by inhibiting the release of histamines.
- Thyme Essential Oil Remedy for Snoring. If you are too exhausted and tired, your snoring may get worse. There is one traditional remedy for snoring which uses thyme essential oil, neat or diluted, for relief from snoring.
- Eucalyptus Oil Remedy for Snoring. Eucalyptus oil can excellently liquidify the mucous so as to keep your airways clear for smooth breathing. Eucalyptus oil is also a natural anti-inflammatory agent which when applied to your nose, reduces swelling in the inner lining of the nostrils and nasal passageways.
- Mint Tea Remedy for Snoring. Just as peppermint oil can be useful for curing snoring, mint tea too can help it. Mint contains menthol which reduces mucous from lungs. It also reduces inflammation of air passageways.
- Neti Pot Remedy for Snoring. If nasal congestion is your cause for snoring and if no home remedy is enough for you to clear your stuffy nose, try neti pot. A neti pot is a pot made either of clay, ceramic, plastic or metal. It is an ancient Indian system of sinus irrigation.
- Goldenseal Remedies for Snoring. Goldenseal is one of the well known nasal decongestants. It has been used for years to soothe inflamed and infected mucous membranes. Goldenseal is often taken combined with other herbs like echinacea and licorice for cold flu and other respiratory infections.
Try any of these remedies for immediate relief.